Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chivas Tasting Event















Last week, I was helping out in the events team for a Chivas Tasting Event in Mandarin Oriental Hotel. They had sessions in Penang and Johor as well but I was not involved. Pretty interesting and new to me as in I got to learn that there is such a thing called 'Whisky Tasting' and held in a 'classroom'. There were 9 tasting glasses poured with different whiskies and covered after that so that the whiskies will not evaporate. Later during the session, the 'students' will smell and taste the whiskies without knowing what it is till the end of class.

Before tasting, there will be a sharing whereby the expert will teach us laymen what is whisky made of, how and where it is produced. Since it is Chivas, of course we were taught about Scottish Whiskies. Pretty interesting facts but too bad, I was only listening half heartedly as I was looking around just in case the invited guests needed other assistance.

Also too bad, there is no whisky tasting session for me...Haha...

Set-ups pretty cool with THOUSANDs of glasses involved but after that, it was MADNESS!!! I was in charged of re-calculating the glasses which was quite tiring. Simply because we had to wait for the hotel staffs to wash the glasses, and then we had to wrap back the glasses, ensure that it is the correct number of glasses in the box and seal it up. Some of the boxes were already looking like 'ham choy' before we even placed the glasses in.

At first, 3 staffs were helping us but after a while, the manager said to have a briefing outside. Then, they just DISAPPEARED and never came back!! Hmm.....

We only finished at 1am (started at about 10 sth leh, before the event finished!!) Madness..Then, loaded everything up into the lorry and we had to head back to office to unload the stocks!! All were pretty tired then. My legs were killing me. (Should have wore flats during the event.Darn)

Headed back to office at 1.30am and upon reaching there, we quickly form a human chain. There is NO way we will and can carry the stocks UP and DOWN the stairs!!! Managed to finish it in within about 20 minutes. Thankfully there was an added manpower. Kaka..

Reached home, I think all of us were dead..Anyhow, it is a memorable event for me~~

0 Thermometers: