Monday, November 03, 2008

Blood Donation

This weekend, I was pretty busy, find it superb meaningful and tiring.

I've been wanting to learn Yoga long time ago as they say that it is an interesting form of exercise. First day was on Saturday early morning..Yawnn cause slept late the previous day. Had an interesting class and managed to do some 'stunts' which were difficult for some..(Got praised..Keke) I was pretty amazed by myself as well actually that I managed to do it and surprisingly, body was not really in pain the day.

On Sunday, Blue coaxed me into donating blood!!! I do NOT like needles and blood but well, after giving some thoughts, the last that I donated blood was in 2002. So, wanting to do some good, I went for it. Blue was really excited but I was nervous to the max.

The first time I donated blood, my bag of blood was only enough for a child because I was too tense and the blood was not flowing out anymore. This time, I was still feeling tense but managed to fill up A BAG of THICK RED BLOOD!!! (I think vampires [if they really do exist] would love to get their hands on it)

After registering, I sat in the 'lazy chair' and waited for some time (which I felt happy about) for the nurse to do her job. When she came to me with her needles and scissors, my heart was like going to jump out!! I was so tensed that she could not find my veins and she asked me to relax. Friends were around to distract my attention. (Thankfully)

I do not know for how long I was sitting there but it felt great when all are done. When the nurse has taken out the needle, I saw a 'HOLE' in my arm..Yikes~~~ Geli and scary....

Unfortunately, the excited Blue could not donate any blood in the end because she lack of Iron and when she wanted to try to check her blood for the second time, she was stopped by the officer..So sad...Well, Blue, from that Sunday onwards, start pumping up on your Iron and let's gang up to carry the Needle-Phobic along for blood donation. Hehe ;)

Pictures are a bit blurred but well, they're still memories~~

0 Thermometers: