Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend

The weekend went by ok for me.. On friday, worked half day and went to Tesco to buy some stuffs for the BBQ session at night in conjuction with Mooncake Festival which was held in Ah Guan's house =) Lotsa food was bought and I really wanted to eat lots but unfortunately, I had a very bad sore throat tat night and alas, I did not have the appetite to eat at all anymore but yet I still had some as I was pretty hungry. Swallowing the food down was sort of a torture =( Did not even had the chance to try the BBQ stuffs...well, what to do.. That night we could not see the full round moon as well because of the haze.. Stuffy, hot + sore throat = super uncomfortable..However, that night it was great to know a new friend, and don't worry Jase, I promise I'll try not bullying you too much ;) haha..

**********************************************

On Sunday, I went for a musical by the Dama Orchestra, "Butterfly Lover (梁山与祝英台)" with my parent and grandma. Lots of elderly ones went but there were quite a few youngsters as well. I've been looking forward for this musical. Don't know why but maybe it is because I would like to see how a musical in Chinese would be like. Well, it was ok. For a first timer(Dama Orchestra) staging a musical, I think they are doing it fine. This is a Chinese Classic story which was shown on TV numeral times before. Must be thinking aiyo, this girl so old wan ar, watch old old movie..Well, yeah, I do enjoy it and I've come to realize that their songs are always sung in the same melody.Not just one movie, but lots. Guess that's the way it is ;)


Could see that the props used are pretty simple but good enough for people to know and understand what it was. When watching towards the end of the show, was actually wondering if they would do more musicals based on famous Chinese classic like "帝女花", "Journey to West" and many more since this was quite a success =) Hoping that they will come up with something and am looking forward for their next project..

0 Thermometers: