Saturday, May 23, 2009

PRINCE SIDDHARTHA – THE MUSICAL (Part II)

Yeap, that's the stage there. For the very first time, after watching so many musicals in Istana Budaya, I'm sitting at the 'Stalls'. What more, on the OPENING night!

Many thanks again to my colleague cum 'sifu', Joey Gan for the opportunity. I wanted to watch this musical and co-incidentally, she was doing PR for the production. Therefore, when she knew I wanted to watch, she asked me to help her out during the opening night with the media registration and in return, I got to watch the musical for free and good seats!! (RM168. Don't play play..Hehe..)

Usually towards the end, the audience will be giving standing ovation but for an opening night, it was different and a brand new experience for me.. Owen Yap was the emcee and sponsors for the show were named whereby flowers were presented to the casts by them. Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu Koon was there too as the VIP, of course and he too, presented a bouquet of flowers to the main cast, Prince Siddhartha/ Buddha (performed by Yang Wei Han).

It was quite an enjoyable musical. Makeup, props, performances was wow...I LOVE the costumes!!! Colorful, striking and sexy!! Some sort of a Bollywood style ;)

A few friends were there and performing but did not get to meet all of them.. One of them, was the evil Devadatta (performed by Shen Ming)...Haha..Amazing performance and good show!

Presenting to you, Devadatta...

Wishing the team all the best throughout the performance period....


0 Thermometers: