Monday, November 13, 2006

2006 娱协奖

Last Saturday (11 November 2006) was a big night for Malaysian artistes as it was a night whereby awards are given out to them as a recognization for their work together with those who have worked closely with them. This event,"Yu Xie<娱协奖>" is held once every 2 years and basic awards (to me la) like "Best Newcomer", "Best Composer", "Best Album", "Best Performer" etc are given out. Awards that are given out which is something new to me are awards like "Best DIY album", "Top 10 Songs (Local)", "Top 10 Songs (None Local)", "Best Kid's Song" (something like that I think) etc.

On Wednesday, I've only come to know that I would be helping Eser out backstage as she was the backstage emcee. My very first time being backstage full of well known people.Ha!! Well, my job was more of her "保姆"; taking care of and accompanying her as she was also a first timer dealing with such event ;) My part time job but I enjoyed it lots as it was an eye opener to me. I could see many sorts of people, many sorts of dressing, how artistes or well known people prepare themselves for "The Walk of Fame" or better known as the "Red Carpet" and many, many more. It was a whole new experience for me.

We were there rather early but was still rushing as there were too many people who needed to have to have their make up done and hair set. I guess they it is because they were lacking of hair stylists. I only saw 4 hair stylists around and you know la, with so many girls or women around; with loong hair some more...It takes time (I think 2 of them were not bad looking. I mean boleh tahan la..haha...I know, I know what you guys are thinking but hey, there's nothing much for me to do except for sitting or standing around when waiting for Eser who's doing her make up and hair. Occasionally got la, talk talk and laugh laugh with some other people from the industry =P)

When she was done, helped her to get dressed and rushed to the lounge to wait for her turn to make an appearance at the Red Carpet. She was a little bit kesian le as she had to run/ walk slightly faster in her high heels (aprx: 2" high) climb stairs lagi!! I was so worried that she would fall. At the lounge, as I mentioned, saw many different people and one unexpected person I saw was "Chung Chung; Nadia Chan Chung Ling"!!! I did not know she would be there!! (Well, I know that she and "Ho Wan Si" would attend this event [on the day itself. Yeah, pretty blur] but I did not expect to see her in a room full of people!! and too bad Ho Wan Si did not turn up)

Ok, back to the story... I've always liked Nadia and imagine seeing one of your favourite idol in the same room standing so close!! She looked reaally Beautiful, Tall and Sexy!! Later, at one point, when I turned my head, we met eye to eye, she smiled and nodded at me!! Of course, I smiled and nodded back to her!!! I was in total daze, mesmerized and happy like mad!! Yeah, sounding like a 'jakun' and a fanatic fan but luckily I managed to hold my composure!!! If not, malu la..Haha.. Told Eser and she kept asking if I want to take a picture with her.. I said, hmm, yeah I want but maybe later..Shy le..haha.. We finally sat down, looked around and chit chat slightly as she was also preparing herself. Finally, I guess we were looking at Nadia for some time and we decided to go and take a picture with her as she was not being surrounded at that time =)

After the Red Carpet, we went backstage to a small room filled with reporters and TV crews. There, Eser will conduct the interviews with the winners. There was a TV for us to see the show but no audio which we found a little bit ridiculous because we would not know what was really happening in front as in the winner had won what prize and what has he mentioned in front? We had to wait upon one of the person in charged to tell us what was really happening and at times, we are lost.

After the awards, we went to the celebration party held just outside along the corridor and one more surprise.. Saw my cousin brother working as the waiter (part time job he said) haha.. Ate a little bit and back to work again for a while. After that, we were free to go but before we left, we took some pictures with a few others ;)

I've come to see and learn a lot of things in this experience. Be it the way people work, people communicate or treat others. Find it pretty useful if I want to be in this line and also in my future career =)

0 Thermometers: